Skills Inc. is looking for a Lab Technician with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is a vendor position. The selected candidate will work with group to execute Test and Validation plans to ensure that products and software are up to standard and meet release criteria. Candidate will perform Product Acceptance Tests to ensure that both technical and customer facing requirements are met. The candidate will develop scripts for supporting automated test of DUT harnesses and maintenance of existing automation. The candidate will install OS, Drivers, BIOS, FW, and manipulate system configurations and settings.
The candidate will aid in resolving system bugs including identification, debug, fix, and documentation within Microsoft's debug tracking system. The candidate will assist in the day to day management of the hardware lab including management and organization of lab inventory. Candidates will also be responsible for assembling and re-working PCB assemblies. Assembling various kinds of cables including digital, cable and power. Troubleshooting and fixing assembly problems like opens, shorts, cold-solder, etc. Purchasing and kitting parts for PCB assemblies. Generating documentation to support Bill of Materials (analog and digital testing and troubleshooting). Writing and verifying test procedures.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Self-motivated individual, must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment and across various organizations
- Ability to make timely decisions and to provide concise status updates
- Must be able to plan work, and work to a plan adapting as necessary in a rapidly evolving environment
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms and to develop and follow test documentation such as plans, procedures and reports.
- Experience developing automation and test scripting (PowerShell, C, C#, etc..)
- Proficient with Windows and System manipulation
- Basic understanding of Windows, Microsoft products and x86/x64 architecture
- Experience working with LabVIEW
- Capable of reading and understanding Schematics and board layout files.
- Capable of soldering fine pitch.
- 5 or more years military or related experience will be considered.
- Excellent hand soldering skills and fine pitch surface mount rework ability.
- The ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and datasheets for electrical and mechanical specifications.
- The ability to assemble prototype electronics.
- Experience testing and debugging assemblies.
- Experience with lab test equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows based computers.
- Experience supporting HW/SW engineers
- Excellent customer service skills.
AA in Electronics or better
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 625 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer