Skills Inc. is looking for a hardware test engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18th month vendor contract position. The successful applicant will: Analyze and optimize thermal solutions for densely packaged consumer electronic products; Validate design modifications for thermal concerns using simulation and measurements of physical prototypes; Establish temperature thresholds for user comfort level and component level reliability; Run thermal stress software to evaluate thermal load throughout the system; Design and execute tests using statistical tools to validate analytical models, identify risks and assess design margin.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic products is a must.
- Highly skilled in CFD analysis and thermal analysis tools such as Ansys Icepak.
- Experience implementing thermal design solutions for low cost consumer electronic products in high volume manufacturing including active and passive cooling systems.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product (Simple = Mouse or iPod shuffle) and/or experience launching multiple moderately complex to complex consumer electronic products: Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox.
- Demonstrated system engineering ownership of a moderately complex to complex product - Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox and/or Hands-on experience launching multiple complex consumer electronic products - Complex = Smart Phone/Xbox.
BS, MS or PhD in ME required and/or 15+ years of relevant experience of thermal design experience in consumer electronics or similar industry
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 625 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer