Skills Inc. is looking for a Mechanical Engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. The mechanical engineer 3 will develop, design, and implement mechanical solutions including but not limited to enclosures and mechanisms while managing constraints in space, time, cost, manufacturing, structural integrity, and thermal loads. Direct and coordinate mechanical engineering and manufacturing services as required. Develop project documentation including specifications, 3D CAD models, 2D drawings, schedules and presentations to capture and communicate the mechanical design to achieve the defined project goals.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Requires strong design skills, managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in PTC Creo or Wildfire strongly desired.
- Proficiency in statistical tolerance analysis strongly desired.
- Excellent project management, communication and teamwork skills required.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product (Simple = Mouse or iPod shuffle) and/or experience launching multiple moderately complex to complex consumer electronic products: Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox.
- Demonstrated system engineering ownership of a moderately complex to complex product - Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox and/or Hands-on experience launching multiple complex consumer electronic products - Complex = Smart Phone/Xbox.
BS, MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineer required and/or 15+ years of relevant experience.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 625 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer