- Ballard- Finish
- Seattle, WA, USA
- Full Time
Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, HRA, EAP, life and AD&D, personal time off and 401(K). Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidy, low-cost wellness meals and fresh organic fruit available daily. Full time employees are benefits eligible on the first of the month after 60 days of service.
ABOUT SKILLS, INC.
Skills, Inc. is an Aerospace Manufacturing and Finishing company that manufactures and processes aerospace parts. We are a self-supporting social enterprise organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit with four lines of business. Skills, Inc. employs over 450 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities through direct hire, programs and service provision.
Blends mismatches and breaks edges per drawing and specification requirements using hand and power tools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position part (s) on worktable, or by hand into the polishing machine.
- Must be able to work the surface of the part around the polishing wheel by hand to obtain the proper finish on the part surface.
- Operator must be able to follow finish samples to obtain the proper grain on the surface of the part.
- Deburr, sand, hand-scrape and mechanical-polish parts.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, and specifications, written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Identify and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to lead/supervisor.
- Follow prescribed work rules and standard safety regulations at all times.
- Inspect parts for conformity to specifications.
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Perform other duties as assigned by lead or supervisor.
- Experience using basic hand tools
- Ability to take direction from lead and supervisor to complete assigned tasks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to follow written instructions and to do repetitive work
- Ability to count, add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Knowledge of decimal measurements in ten thousandths
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions noted on blueprints and work instructions
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Attention to detail
High school diploma or equivalent
Relevant hands on experience finishing metal parts.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift or move up to 15 lbs constantly and 25 lbs frequently
- Constant periods of standing
- Constant ability to reach with hands and arms; use hands/fingers to manipulate, handle, or feel material
- Constant ability to grasp vibrating hand tools
- Constant exposure to vibration
- Constant exposure to air born particles.
- Constant exposure to loud noise.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to focus
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Constant ability to wear personal protective equipment
Wages DOE. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, EAP, life and AD&D, personal time off and 401(K). Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidy, low-cost wellness meals and fresh organic fruit available daily. Drug Free Workplace, ADA. Criminal background check and drug test required. Skills, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Individuals with disabilities highly encouraged to apply.
Subject to drug screening and satisfactory completion of background check.