Skills Inc. is looking for a Software Design Engineer in Test with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. The successful applicant will design and develop of test plans, perform repeatable testing procedures and processes. Verification of triggers, stored procedures, referential integrity, hardware product or system specifications. Write/modify dll's and COM objects. Interpretation and modification of code as required with at least one programming and / or one scripting language. System level configuration skills. Job duties include: Install pre-release UEFI on systems and execute test cases; Document results in bug reports, status reports, e-mail; Read, understand, and (possibly) modify scripts used for testing and diagnostics; Detect design issues and conduct experiments to further isolate and characterize faults; Improve validation process by suggestions for test cases, automation, and process methods.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- 1-3 plus years software testing experience, 1 year in a Windows client/server environment.
- 1 year development and/or database administration experience using a Microsoft product.
- Solid knowledge of software quality assurance practices.
- Ability to read logical and physical data model diagrams. Ability to read and write C/C++ required.
- Database programming experience i.e. SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Informix and/or DB2 may be needed.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, MFC, OLE, Internet tools, NT, compiler preprocessor.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware may be needed.
- Windows PC system & architecture fundamentals (driver installs, BIOS/UEFI settings & updates, Regedit, Task Manager & other Windows diagnostics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of a scripting or compiled language (C#, PowerShell, etc.)
- Experience in SW/HW product release processes
- Effective written communication
- Methodical and organized
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and some business/functional knowledge helpful.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 625 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer