Skills Inc. is looking for a Software Design Engineer in Test with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. The successful applicant Design and develop test plans for specific programs. Perform repeatable testing procedures and processes. Verification of triggers, stored procedures, referential integrity, and hardware product or system specifications. Interpretation and modification of code as required including batch files, make files, Perl scripts, queries, stored procedures and/or triggers. Project scope may include writing automation test scripts for simulating user interactions such as data entry, menu selections, mouse actions, data I/O, etc. Application level configuration skills.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- 0-1 year software testing experience in a Windows client/server environment.
- Experience in development and/or database administration experience using a 6mths -1 year software testing experience in a Windows client/server environment.
- Experience in development and/or database administration experience using a Microsoft product.
- Experience with batch files and command-line Windows utilities may be needed.
- Some knowledge of software quality assurance practices.
- Ability to read logical and physical data model diagrams. Ability to read and write C/C++ required.
- Database programming experience i.e. SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle, Informix and/or DB2 may be needed.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, MFC, OLE, Internet tools, NT, compiler preprocessor.
- Knowledge of personal computer hardware may be needed.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technical Certifications. Business/functional knowledge helpful.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer