The Workforce Development Administrator performs specialized administrative work in support of the design, development, promotion, preparation, and scheduling of internal or external training and education programs, safety, and lean events at Skills Inc. This position has responsibility for the administrative coordination of all aspects of department support including, preparation and production of materials, and record keeping.
- Primary point of contact for maintaining and managing WFD Learning Management System (LMS).
- The WFD Administrator is responsible for the administration of the Learning Management System (LMS) and related policies, procedures and processes, which include also managing, scheduling, registration and rostering activity.
- The WFD Administrator is responsible for auditing training compliance, monitoring and editing data, and proactively scheduling and maintaining LMS files and report audits.
- In partnership with WFD leadership, develop value added reporting and metrics for WFD Department to include LMS data and dashboards, as well as safety and lean initiatives. Acts as the primary point of contact for person in ensuring system generated reporting is delivered and accessible to stakeholders..
- Evaluates and provides recommendations to enhance business requirements related in using and configuring the LMS application.
- Evaluates external training opportunities and software. Researches and provides recommendations to enhance professional skills and development for the WFD Department.
- Ensures accuracy for all data entry, records, auditing, and reporting.
- Monitors WFD department supply inventory. Coordinates prompt ordering and delivery of supplies. Maintains records and receipts. Submits invoices and purchase orders per policy. Tracks and maintains department purchase records.
- Provides technical assistance in the design and development of publications and reports through formatting, graphic design, and editing.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively in the planning and coordinating of all training initiatives.
- Plans, develops, and implements special projects as assigned.
- Ensures the highest degree of confidentiality is maintained when working with personnel related records or other highly sensitive information.
- Tracks and escalates LMS user problems and keeps the user informed of the status. Logs all user problems and solutions.
- Performs general clerical duties and maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other operational and administrative support as assigned.
- Detail oriented, flexible, and able to adapt to constant change in a fast paced environment.
- High degree of accuracy and demonstrated quality of work output.
- 2+ years of administration support experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment.
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize projects.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good research skills.
- Comfortable learning new technology.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with an LMS or in a training department.
- Database management experience.
- Assemble classroom handout material and prepare material for delivery and testing.
- Support Training Development Coordinators to design new training modules and revise existing training curriculum and methods to improve effectiveness.
- Support Training Development Coordinators and HR to design and maintain a training program that ties required training to job descriptions.
- Maintain the training database and training records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, communicate and/or follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate in English through voice, American Sign Language or adaptive technology.
The nature of this position mandates that an individual be well versed and accepting of the responsibilities of confidential information. This means that information and/or documentation acquired about employees, suppliers, customers, business practices, and all other related information remains confidential.
- Associates degree from a two-year college or university; or two years related experience in training and/or safety; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, operating in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.