Skills Inc. is looking for a Opto-electrical Design Verification Technician with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. The successful applicant will assist in the development new test architectures and comprehensive test plans with our customers' R&D Engineering team to gain direct experience with how customers use products. The technician will verify product and subcomponents meet the intended design specifications following a documented plan; create step-by-step test documentation in parallel to colleting and organizing test data; identify and escalate product risk areas from characterization tests and data analysis; execute Measurement System Analysis (MSA) on Test and Metrology (T&M) equipment using techniques such as Gage repeatability and reproducibility; and Fabrication of test and assembly fixturing.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 5 years of optical and electrical development experience.
- Troubleshoots all electrical, instrumentation, automation equipment and makes suggestions for repair and improvement of devices, and implements such.
- Operates and maintains all test equipment
- Operates test apparatus during test cycle to produce, regulate, and record effects of actual or simulated conditions.
- Analyzes and converts test data to usable form and prepares graphs and written reports to translate test results.
- Familiar with optical test equipment i.e. luminance meter, color meter, spectroradiometer
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and oral communications.
- Executes testing with minimal guidance while using best practices.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer