Skills Inc. is looking for a Firmware Engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. As an embedded firmware engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining firmware running on embedded consumer electronics. You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded product line. Interacting with Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and various other cross-functional teams. Review board schematics and data sheets. Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues. Enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products. Support product development builds locally and remotely.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems principle.
- Demonstrable programming skills in C and C++.
- Experience and understanding of firmware design tools (IAR is a plus) and languages.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Experience with of standard protocols such as USB, I2C, MIPI, and/or wireless technologies (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills for multi-processor systems with I2C/SPI, USB and other interconnect bus.
- Demonstrated ownership of multiple sub-systems and/or a complete simple product (Simple = Mouse or iPod shuffle) and/or experience launching multiple moderately complex to complex consumer electronic products: Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox.
- Demonstrated system engineering ownership of a moderately complex to complex product - Moderately Complex = Smart TV/DVD, Complex = smart phone/Xbox and/or Hands-on experience launching multiple complex consumer electronic products - Complex = Smart Phone/Xbox.
BS, MS or PhD in EE required and/or 15+ years of relevant experience.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer