Skills Inc. is looking for a Lab Technician with our customer located in Wilsonville, OR. This is an 18-month vendor contract position The selected applicant will be responsible for assembling and re-working PCB assemblies. Assembling various kinds of cables including digital, cable and power. Troubleshooting and fixing assembly problems like opens, shorts, cold-solder, etc. Purchasing and kitting parts for PCB assemblies. Responsible for generating documentation to support Bill of Materials (analog and digital testing and troubleshooting). Writing and verifying test procedures.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience as an electronics technician.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an engineering environment.
- SMT Soldering (use of microscope, fine pitch soldering, rework and modification).
- Experience with hardware prototype bring-up, debugging, fault detection, and failure analysis.
- HW testing & debugging experience in one with one or more of the following areas:
- Trouble shooting skills: Read & understand schematics, quick isolation of problem area.
- Digital: Logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, USB.
- Analog: oscilloscopes, crystals, ADCs, RF, audio, video.
- Power supplies: Regulators (linear and/or switching).
- Experience with documenting test procedures/results and preparing summary reports.
- Documentation -Test reports -Test procedures.
- Office applications: Excel, Word.
- FW testing: -Logic analyzers -Standards: USB, BT, I2C, I2S.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to travel occasionally domestically, primarily to Redmond, WA
Education: AA in Electronics or better
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer