Skills Inc. is looking for a Software Test Engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. The successful applicant will be responsible for validation execution of Platform Stability and Performance testing ensuring compliance to spec and proper power management performance. Key responsibilities include assisting in executing validation test plans, gather data, reviewing validation data, debugging issues. Completing validation to milestones all to ensure thorough HW/SW validation.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Experience in installing and configuring modern PC BIOS's and Windows* operating systems
- Knowledge of various system power states and experience with device testing across various sub systems, Wi-Fi/BT/Graphics/Camera/OS/BIOS/UEFI/
- Familiarity with SW debugging tools: WinDBG/ITP
- Blocking Experiments testing/statistical analysis
- Excellent analytical and debugging/troubleshooting skills, ability to isolate issues in complex scenarios. Ability
- to deal with ambiguity, and define test plans from variables.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Basic scripting or coding (preferably in PowerShell/batch)
- Strong work ethic
Additional Skills Desired:
- Experience with Kernel Debugging and/or trace analysis (xPerf, .etl, ETW)
- Familiarity with MS tools: Product Studio, WTT
- Experience on Interoperability
- I2C/SPI/PCIE/SATA/USB Interfaces
- Extensive hands on experience building and configuring PCs, particularly servers, from components, and troubleshooting issues
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer