Skills Inc. is looking for a Software Test Engineer-Platform with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. The team is about creating beautiful devices and great software that works flawlessly. Creating and managing SW to match the great HW is essential to our customer's business to ensure customer satisfaction. As our customer's product line grows, we need strong test talents in FW/SW testing to capture their increasingly customer-focused validations.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- The candidate will work within a group to execute test and validation plans to ensure that products and software are up to performance standards and meet release criteria
- Execute manual and automated test cases and report on the test results
- The candidate will install OS's, Drivers, BIOS and FW and manipulate system configurations and settings.
- The candidate will aid in resolving system bugs including identifying, debugging and documenting them within Microsoft's bug tracking system
- Experience in software testing including UI, manual, and testing with automation.
- Experience in hardware and FW testing
- Good problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms, and to develop and follow test documentation such as plans, procedures and reports.
- Experience with multimeters, scopes, I2C and SMBus protocols is a plus.
- Experience reading schematics and board files is a plus
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer