Skills Inc. is looking for a Software Design Engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. This software Developer who will be responsible for developing processes, tools, automation for TFS based Software / Firmware build system and delivering SW/FW Builds for Surface projects. Required to interact across the groups, understand requirements, define standards, processes and deliver tools and automation to successfully meet those requirements.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- 7 years of Software Engineering or DevOps experience.
- 5 years of experience as a SW developer.
- 3 years of development experience using C# / .Net with experience interacting with, or developing RESTful web services.
- 3 years of experience using PowerShell to automate build and post-build related tasks. (e.g., packaging; machine configuration; software installation and deployments).
- 3 years of experience MSBuild process customization (e.g., custom targets and tasks; item batching).
- 1-2 years of experience customizing the build process with TFS Build (XAML Workflow) is a plus but not required.
- Experience with TFS "vNext" Build (TFS 2015 or VSO) is a plus but not required.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills is required.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer