Skills Inc. is looking for a Software Design Engineer with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. Our customer has an opening for a talented power and performance validation engineer for consumer electronic products; as a validation Engineer, you will be responsible for the product power and performance optimization in addition to the responsibility for identifying opportunities, drive optimization & improvements through analysis of workloads and behavior. This includes focus on system validation in the lab.
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- System level understanding of power management flows at the hardware, firmware, and driver levels In-depth level understanding of hardware SOC power management such as P-states and C-states
- Analysis of power consumption versus expectations and drive resolution of issues towards higher battery life
- Contribute towards power management optimizations flows for future products
- Proficiency in C/C++, C#, and PowerShell programming
- Demonstrates managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Hands-on experience in the development of high-volume consumer electronic products desired.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
B.S. or greater in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer