Skills Inc. is looking for a Material Coordination Program Manager with our customer located in Redmond, WA. This is an 18-month vendor contract position. This PM will assist the Build and Release Program Manager with engineering build activities during new product development- Primary focus is ensuring that the correct material in the correct quantity at the correct rev is available on time to support all program builds- Work with design and component engineers to ensure the quality and completeness of BOMs before and during the build process, keeping pace with rapid cycles of learning in the design- Order and track/manage all material from PO through receipt-
You will work closely with suppliers when order adjustments are needed- Coordinate ordering of off-the-shelf components with PCB Assembly partners- Work closely with electrical engineers, industrial designers, mechanical engineers, software engineers, design verification engineers, component engineers, and program managers to meet program goals- Support deviations to the build and the adjustments required to the BOMs to support realignment of the build schedules- Manage cut-and-paste revisions to prototype builds as well as their distribution- Provide immediate feedback should material arrival schedules impact build dates- Find solutions to material availability issues so that builds occur on schedule- Provide program status updates for material arrival.
Key Strengths needed for this position are relentless attention to detail- Customer-oriented- Strong project management capabilities- Working knowledge of PCBA and System assembly processes- Well-versed in a variety of component technologies from electrical to mechanical- Experience in PO release and engagement with key component Distributors and Vendors
Key Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Program Management strengths must include the ability to direct the work of component and sub-system suppliers to meet overall program objectives
- Strong communication skills are required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms
- Must have a working knowledge of electrical components, mechanical components (such as molded plastic and metal parts), sheet metal parts, connectors, cables and adhesives as well as standard documentation associated with mechanical components (2D drawings, 3D CAD)
- Must have experience in prototype PCBA and box build, high-volume a plus
- Must work closely with others across functions in a team environment and self-directed when required- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize and multi-task
- Must be enthusiastic, motivated and self-driven
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Minimum BS/MS degree in EE, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Wages DOE. Excellent benefit package including medical, dental, life, paid time off, 401K. Comprehensive Wellness Program including gym subsidies. Drug Free Workplace. Individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply. Criminal background check and drug test required.
ABOUT SKILLS INC. Skills Inc. is a self-supporting Social Enterprise and is organized as a 501 (c) (3) non-profit. We have four lines of business; Aerospace Manufacturing, Aerospace Finishing, Technical Services, and Business Solutions, that operate in 4 locations. Skills Inc. employs over 700 people and our social mission is to train, employ and serve persons with disabilities. We accomplish our mission three ways; direct hire, vocational programs and services, and as a resource to the community.
Skills Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer